Conflict prevention and transformation - Progressing peace
In the 1990s crisis prevention and constructive conflict resolution became two of its priorities of international cooperation. For the SDC in particular, peace building is part of combating poverty and eliminating the structural causes of war.
A vicious circle
| Conflict prevention
SDC action centres on several focal issues, such as consolidating the State and encouraging the spread of democracy, managing natural resources, rural development and migratory flows.
Manual for Conflict-Sentsitive Programme Managment
|Crisis management and post-conflict management
In a post-conflict context, both long- and short-term management are vital for restoring lasting stability.
Additional Information and Documents
- Rede Martin Dahinden: Wie leistet Entwicklung einen Beitrag zum Frieden? Universität Basel. 26.09.11
Download (PDF, 106 KB) : [de]
Download (PDF, 596 KB) : [de] [en] [fr] [it] [es] [ru]
- Context-sensitive engagement:
Lessons Learned from Swiss experiences in South Asia for aid effectiveness in fragile scenarios
Download (PDF, 833 KB) : [en]
- Evaluation of the performance of SDC instruments in fragile and conflict-affected contexts
Download (PDF, 1291 KB) : [en]
- Annexes: Evaluation of the performance of SDC instruments in fragile and conflict-affected contexts
Download (PDF, 1687 KB) : [en]
- Fragile states: Adapting and enhancing commitment
- UNESCO Report: The hidden crisis - Armed conflict and education
- A new look at Conflict, Security and Development