© Fondation Village d'enfants Pestalozzi
Le site web de la DDC pour les professionnels en charge de l’éducation
Trouvez plus d'information sur l'actualité, les programmes et les partenaires sur le site web du Réseau Education de la DDC.
Employment in the Western Balkans: Challenges of a Young Market Economy
Retrospective of the Conference: Films, Speeches, Video Clips, Photo Gallery and Media Release.
Education for all - Bedrock of a fairer world
Education means independence, improving chances of finding paid employment and an escape route from poverty. The SDC champions the right to education of the poorest and most disadvantaged, opening the door to their economic, political and social empowerment.
It is not just the people involved who benefit from an educated society. Education is a fundamental factor in economic development, demographics and the building of a democratic society. The SDC’s commitment covers both basic and vocational education, specifically encouraging people to acquire knowledge and skills appropriate to their cultural, social and economic environment and their society. In particular, Swiss development assistance focuses on population groups, minorities and women who are especially disadvantaged by poverty or conflict.
|| Basic education and education systems
The SDC lobbies for good-quality primary-school education for girls and boys, as well as for a second chance for young people and adults who were never able to go to school or never finished their schooling.
|| Vocational skills development
Building on basic education, further vocational and technical skills are needed to help people join the labour market and to stimulate the national economy.
Additional Information and DocumentsDocuments
- Switzerland’s contribution - The achievements of SDC in 2006–2010
Results in the areas of Health, Employment, Basic and further education, Agriculture, Rule of law and democracy, Water, Humanitarian Aid, Partnering with NGOs
Download (PDF, 5805 KB) : [de] [en] [fr]
- Reducing exclusion and educational poverty through innovation
Africa Brief - August 2011
Download (PDF, 1070 KB) : [de] [en] [fr]
- SDC Guidelines for basic education and vocational skills development
Download (PDF, 4964 KB) : [en] [fr]
- Education and Skills Development in Bangladesh - Enhancing Employability of Marginalised People
Asia Brief - December 2009
Download (PDF, 3185 KB) : [en]
- Conseil économique et social, Session de fond de 2011, débat général du segment de haut niveau
Download (PDF, 36 KB) : [fr]
Articles and Press releases
- Youth, actors of educational policy
- ADEA’s 2012 Triennale: Stepping up education and training for Africa’s sustainable development
- UNESCO Report: The hidden crisis - Armed conflict and education
- Adult education: Results of the Conference in Belém
- Education for all: Progress has been made but efforts must be redoubled to meet the 2015 goal